Information about Varicella Vaccine
Varicella vaccine uses
Varicella Vaccine is used to prevent Varicella (Viral infection which causes an itchy and blister like rash on the skin).
How varicella vaccine works
Varicella vaccine is a vaccine.It helps develop immunity by initiating a mild infection. This type of infection does not cause illness, but it does stimulate the body's immune system to produce antibodies to protect against any future infections .
Common side effects of varicella vaccine
Abnormal involuntary movements, Muscle pain, Joint pain, Blood vessel inflammation, Convulsion, Diarrhoea, Drowsiness, Headache, Increased bleeding tendency, Bruise, Injection site reaction, Irritation, Itching, Sick, Feeling of discomfort, Rash, Blister, Running nose, Cough, Sore throat, Stomach pain, Urticaria, Fatigue, Reduced blood platelets, Blister painful
Available Medicine for Varicella Vaccine
- ₹1690MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1799Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1625Vhb Life Sciences Inc1 variant(s)
- ₹1690Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1260Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Varicella Vaccine
- Do not use if you are allergic to varicella zoster vaccine, or any other chickenpox vaccine, neomycin or an antibiotic used to treat skin infections.
- Do not use varicella zoster vaccine if you have a high temperature (fever).
- Do not use varicella zoster vaccine if you are suffering from HIV or AIDS.
- Avoid taking varicella zoster vaccine during pregnancy.
Frequently asked questions for Varicella Vaccine
Q. Does varicella vaccine prevent Varicella zoster infection?
Yes, varicella zoster vaccine is used in the treatment of varicella zoster infection
Q. Does varicella vaccine prevent chicken pox?
Yes, varicella zoster vaccine is used to treat chicken pox
Q. Is shingles vaccine same as chicken pox vaccine?
Yes, varicella zoster vaccine is used for the treatment of shingles and chicken pox.