Information about Tramadol
Tramadol is used for moderate to severe pain.
How tramadol works
Tramadol is an opioid analgesic (pain reliever) which works by blocking transmission of pain signals to the brain to lower pain perception.
Common side effects of tramadol
Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Nausea, Constipation
Available Medicine for Tramadol
- ₹11 to ₹164Zydus Cadila6 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹255Abbott5 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹207Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹50Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹23Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹21Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹59Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited3 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹113Neon Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹22Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹195Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tramadol
- Use only for severe acute pain for not more than 5 days.
- Prolonged use may result in physical and psychological dependence even at recommended dosages.
- Avoid driving or using machinery if you feel dizzy after taking Tramadol.
- It is better to take with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Your doctor may adjust your dose if you have liver or kidney disease.
Frequently asked questions for Tramadol
Q. Is there anything I need to be careful about while on therapy with Tramadol?
Tramadol may cause drowsiness and dizziness, especially in the beginning of the treatment. Do not drive or work with tools or machinery if your alertness is affected. It is not advisable to drink alcohol during treatment with this medicine as it might increase sleepiness.