Information about Tinidazole Topical
Tinidazole topical uses
Tinidazole Topical is used in the treatment of bacterial skin infections. It is used in vaginal infections.
How tinidazole topical works
Tinidazole Topical is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging the DNA.
Common side effects of tinidazole topical
Skin redness, Dryness, Burn, Irritation, Stinging sensation
Available Medicine for Tinidazole Topical
- ₹46Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tinidazole Topical
- Talk to your doctor if you are taking any prescription drugs, especially drugs used for thinning of blood such as warfarin.
- Avoid direct contact of cream/ solution/ powder with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to tinidazole or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Tinidazole Topical
Q. Is tinidazole or Fasigyn an antibiotic/sulfa drug?
Tinidazole is an antibiotic/anti-protozoal/anti-amoebic drug. It is not a sulfa drug
Q. Is tinidazole the same as metronidazole/Flagyl?
Tinidazole is different from metronidazole (also called as Flagyl). However, both of them belong to the same class of drugs
Q. Does tinidazole cure bacterial vaginosis, Chlamydial and urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Tinidazole is effective in the treatment of bacterial vaginosis and Chlamydial infections. But it is not used for treatment of UTI
Q. Does tinidazole cause yeast infections/diarrhea/cancer?
Prolonged use of tinidazole may cause candida or yeast infections. There is no evidence of tinidazole causing diarrhea or cancer. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.