Terbinafine Topical is used in the treatment of fungal infections
How it works
Terbinafine topical stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
Common side effects
- ₹98Apex Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹69Syncom Formulations I Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹125Brinton Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹262Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹125Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Dabur India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46Themis Medicare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- Cleanse and dry the affected areas thoroughly and wash your hands before applying terbinafine cream.
- Do not use terbinafine creams/ointments on the face.
- Avoid direct contact of terbinafine topical with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to terbinafine or any other ingredients.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is terbinafine topical a steroid/sulfa drug?
Terbinafine topical is an antifungal drug. It does not have chemical structure or effects similar to steroids. The chemical structure and mechanism of action of terbinafine is different from sulfa drugs
Q. How long can I take terbinafine topical for?
The duration of treatment with terbinafine topical varies depending upon the severity of infection, area infected and individual responses. Please follow the advice of your doctor regarding the duration of use.