Sorbitol Solution 70%
Sorbitol Solution 70% is used in constipation.
How it works
Sorbitol Solution 70% works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, that makes the stools soft and easier to pass.
Common side effects
Pulmonary congestion, Abdominal pain, Blurred vision, Convulsion, Increased production of urine., Flushing, Very high glucose level in blood, Inability to empty the urinary bladder, Increased sweating, Metabolic acidosis, Nausea, Sinus tachycardia, Vomiting
- 1 variant(s)
- Together with Sorbitol Solution 70%, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- Take Sorbitol Solution 70% after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- A Sorbitol Solution 70% should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Sorbitol Solution 70% contains sugars.
- Avoid taking a Sorbitol Solution 70% for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.