Sorbitol Solution 70%
Sorbitol Solution 70% is used in constipation
How it works
Sorbitol solution 70% works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, which makes the stool soft and easier to pass.
Common side effects
- ₹129Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- Avoid taking a Sorbitol Solution 70% for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Together with Sorbitol Solution 70%, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- A Sorbitol Solution 70% should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Sorbitol Solution 70% contains sugars.
- Take Sorbitol Solution 70% after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.