Information about Piroxicam Topical
Piroxicam topical uses
Piroxicam Topical is used in musculo-skeletal pain and arthralgia.
How piroxicam topical works
Piroxicam Topical is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of prostaglandin, that causes allergy symptoms and inflammation (swelling and redness).
Common side effects of piroxicam topical
Available Medicine for Piroxicam Topical
- ₹95Aeran Lab India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Piroxicam Topical
- Life threatening skin reaction can occur with the use of piroxicam topical. Consult a doctor if you have any signs of allergic reactions.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight. Piroxicam topical may increase the sensitivity of the skin to sunlight.
- Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing when exposure to the sun is unavoidable.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is
- allergic to piroxicam, aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Piroxicam Topical
Q. Is piroxicam/ Dolonex/ Dolonex DT a pain killer?
Dolonex and Dolonex DT are brand names of piroxicam. Piroxicam topical is used to relieve pain and reduce swelling of the joints
Q. Is piroxicam the same as ibuprofen?
Piroxicam and ibuprofen, both are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). They are similar in action but are not identical. Piroxicam topical is generally used to relieve pain and reduce swelling affecting joints
Q. Does piroxicam topical contain aspirin/ acetaminophen/ibuprofen?
No, it does not contain aspirin/acetaminophen/ibuprofen.