Information about Perindopril
How perindopril works
Perindopril is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
Common side effects of perindopril
Decreased blood pressure, Cough, Increased potassium level in blood, Fatigue, Weakness, Dizziness, Renal impairment
Available Medicine for Perindopril
- ₹111 to ₹150Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹85 to ₹138Zee Laboratories2 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹65Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹114Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹130Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Perindopril
- You may get a dry cough while using Perindopril. Report to your doctor if there is a persistent cough.
- Perindopril may cause the level of potassium in blood to go up. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- You shouldn’t take Perindopril if you’re pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Perindopril may cause birth defects or be fatal to your unborn baby.
Frequently asked questions for Perindopril
Q. Is perindopril a beta-blocker, statin, calcium channel blocker, or an ACE inhibitor?
Perindopril is ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor drug. It is not a beta-blocker, statin, or calcium channel blocker
Q. Is perindopril the same as perindopril erbumine, perindopril arginine or Coversyl?
Perindopril is the same as perindopril erbumine, perindopril arginine (different salt forms of perindopril with same effects) and Coversyl (brand name of perindopril)
Q. Can I take perindopril with Viagra, ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, paracetamol, allupurinol?
Perindopril can be taken with paracetamol and allopurinol only if prescribed by your doctor. Perindopril should not be taken with ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, or Viagra (sildenafil)
Q. Does Perindopril cause blood thinning?
No, Perindopril does not cause thinning of blood; it relaxes the blood vessels thereby decreasing the blood pressure
Q. Does Perindopril cause weight gain, hair loss, tiredness, cough, angiodema, depression, constipation, slow heart rate, or erectile dysfunction?
Perindopril may cause cough, angiodema, depression, tiredness or weakness, constipation or slow heart rate. It is not known to cause weight gain, hair loss, or erectile dysfunction. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.