Pentosan Polysulphate Sodium
Pentosan Polysulphate Sodium is used in the treatment of interstitial cystitis
How it works
Pentosan polysulphate sodium binds to the urinary bladder wall and prevents the irritating chemicals in the urine from coming in contact with the bladder wall.
Common side effects
Hair loss, Diarrhoea, Nausea, Headache, Rash, Dyspepsia, Abdominal pain, Liver function abnormal, Dizziness
- ₹599Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹650Swati Spentose Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Notify your doctor before a scheduled surgery. You should speak with the doctor about when to discontinue Pentosan Polysulphate Sodium prior to surgery.
- Notify your doctor if you are taking anticoagulants (drugs that work to prevent blood clotting) therapy such as warfarin sodium, heparin, high doses of aspirin, or anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen. The Pentosan Polysulphate Sodium has a weak anticoagulant effect which may increase bleeding.
- Notify your doctor if you have any liver problem.