Ormeloxifene / Centchroman
Information about Ormeloxifene / Centchroman
Ormeloxifene / centchroman uses
Ormeloxifene / Centchroman is used as contraception.
How ormeloxifene / centchroman works
Ormeloxifene / centchroman is a birth control pill. It acts by preventing the implantation of the fertilized ovum to the womb (uterus).
Common side effects of ormeloxifene / centchroman
Irregular menstrual cycle
Available Medicine for Ormeloxifene / Centchroman
- ₹178 to ₹217Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹121 to ₹192Hindustan Latex Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹162Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹199Akumentis Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ormeloxifene / Centchroman
- It is good for women who want an effective, reversible method of contraception (family planning) but not hormonal pills.
- Ormeloxifene / Centchroman may cause delayed periods in few women. However, this occurs in about 8% of users and usually in the first three months.
- The first pill should be taken on the first day of the period and the second pill three days later. Follow this for the first three months. Starting from the fourth month, take it once a week on the first pill day.
- Ormeloxifene / Centchroman is safe for breastfeeding women.
Frequently asked questions for Ormeloxifene / Centchroman
Ormeloxifene / Centchroman
Q. What if I miss my pill?
Take the missed pill as soon as you remember. If the pill is missed by 1 or more days but less than 7 days, follow the regular schedule and use an alternate method (e.g. condoms) till the next period. If the pill is missed by more than 7 days, restart the schedule like a new user.
Q. Does Ormeloxifene / Centchroman have any serious side effects?
Unlike other combined oral contraceptives, Ormeloxifene / Centchroman does not cause side-effects such as nausea, weight gain, water retention and high blood pressure. However, delayed periods may occur in some women, which settles with time.
Q. I am breastfeeding my baby. Is Ormeloxifene / Centchroman safe for me?
Yes, Ormeloxifene / Centchroman is safe for use in a breastfeeding mother as it is a nonhormonal, non-steroidal pill.
Q. If I become pregnant while on Ormeloxifene / Centchroman (method failure) will my foetus be harmed?
Ormeloxifene / Centchroman does not cause anomalies in the foetus and babies born have normal growth and development.
Q. Does Ormeloxifene / Centchroman cause vaginal discharge, spotting, breakthrough bleeding or menorrhagia?
No. Ormeloxifene / Centchroman does not cause vaginal discharge, spotting, breakthrough bleeding or menorrhagia.
Q. Does Ormeloxifene / Centchroman cause any abnormal change in my genital tract?
No. Ormeloxifene / Centchroman does not cause any abnormal change in the female genital tract (vagina, cervix, uterus and ovaries).