Olmesartan + Chlorthalidone
Information about Olmesartan + Chlorthalidone
Olmesartan + chlorthalidone uses
Olmesartan+Chlorthalidone is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
How olmesartan + chlorthalidone works
This is a combination of two medicines: Olmesartan and chlorthalidone which lower blood pressure effectively. Olmesartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Chlorthalidone is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of olmesartan + chlorthalidone
Nausea, Altered taste, Diarrhoea, Stomach upset, Weakness, Headache, Dizziness, Increased blood uric acid, Increased blood lipid level, Electrolyte imbalance, Glucose intolerance, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Olmesartan + Chlorthalidone
- ₹115 to ₹188Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹106 to ₹187Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹204Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹84 to ₹186Ipca Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹108 to ₹182Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹120 to ₹213Abbott4 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹188Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹160USV Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹104 to ₹157Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹105 to ₹192Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Olmesartan + Chlorthalidone
- You have been prescribed Olmesartan + Chlorthalidone for the treatment of high blood pressure. It decreases the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Olmesartan + Chlorthalidone may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Olmesartan + Chlorthalidone is not safe to use if you're pregnant or breastfeeding.