Information about Ketoprofen Topical
Ketoprofen topical uses
Ketoprofen Topical is used in musculo-skeletal pain, dental pain and post operative pain.
How ketoprofen topical works
Ketoprofen topical is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of prostaglandin, that causes allergy symptoms and inflammation (swelling and redness).
Common side effects of ketoprofen topical
Burning sensation, Itching, Skin redness
Available Medicine for Ketoprofen Topical
- ₹345Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹197Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹93Menarini India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹240 to ₹375Ark Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ketoprofen Topical
- Do not apply the gel on broken or injured skin.
- Avoid contact with eyes, genitals and mucous membranes and rinse with cold water in case of accidental contact.
- Avoid exposure to bright sunlight, sunlamps or sun beds during topical treatment, and for two weeks after stopping treatment.
- If you develop a skin rash while using this medicine, stop using it and consult your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if symptoms do not disappear after 10 days of use.
- Ketoprofen topical should not be used in children.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to ketoprofen, aspirin, other NSAIDs or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Ketoprofen Topical
Q. Is ketoprofen safe?
Ketoprofen gel is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does ketoprofen contain aspirin, ibuprofen, or ketamine?
No, ketoprofen does not contain aspirin, ibuprofen, or ketamine.