Information about Ketoconazole Topical
Available Medicine for Ketoconazole Topical
- ₹137 to ₹274Janssen Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹950Ban Labs51 variant(s)
- ₹129 to ₹266Palsons Derma2 variant(s)
- ₹287Galderma India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹167Med Manor Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹180Torque Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹296Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹249Ipca Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹72 to ₹138Talent India3 variant(s)
- ₹62 to ₹87Menarini India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ketoconazole Topical
- Avoid direct contact of cream or shampoo with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to ketoconazole or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Ketoconazole Topical
Q. Is ketoconazole/Ketoconazole shampoo safe?
Yes, all medicines (products) containing ketoconazole are safe at the recommended dose, frequency, and duration
Q. Is ketoconazole/ ketoconazole cream an antibiotic?
No, ketoconazole is not an antibiotic as it does not kill bacteria. It is an antifungal agent
Q. What is ketoconazole/ketoconazole cream/Phytoral ointment used for?
Ketoconazole containing products such as creams and Phytoral ointments are used to treat fungal infections of the skin such as tinea corporis (ring worm), tinea cruris (fungal infections of the groin or buttocks), tinea pedis (fungal infection of the foot [athlete's foot]), tinea manus (fungal infection of the hand)
Q. Can ketoconazole topical cause/ prevent hair loss?
Yes, ketoconazole topical may rarely cause some hair loss. Ketoconazole topical does not prevent hair loss
Q. Can ketoconazole topical cause dry skin?
Yes, dry skin at the site of application is a common side effect of ketoconazole topical
Q. Can ketoconazole topical be used for conditions such as ring worms and psoriasis?
Ketoconazole topical is commonly used to treat fungal infections of skin such as ring worms. Psoriasis is not a fungal skin infection and use of ketoconazole is not warranted to treat this condition
Q. Is ketoconazole/ ketoconazole cream a steroid?
No, ketoconazole is not a steroid. It is an antifungal agent
Q. Does ketoconazole block Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)?
Ketoconazole has the ability to block the synthesis of all steroids produced by the adrenal gland, including the male sex hormone dihydrotestosterone. Testosterone synthesis from the testes is also blocked
Q. Does ketoconazole expire?
Yes, medicines containing ketoconazole have an expiry date. Read the information given on the package for accurate expiry date.