Hepatitis B Vaccine (rDNA)
Information about Hepatitis B Vaccine (rDNA)
Hepatitis b vaccine (rdna) uses
Hepatitis B Vaccine (rDNA) is used for prevention of Hepatitis B infection.
How hepatitis b vaccine (rdna) works
Hepatitis B Vaccine (rDNA) is a vaccine which helps develop immunity by initiating a mild infection. This type of infection does not cause illness but stimulates the body's immune system to produce antibodies (proteins) to protect against any future infections.
Common side effects of hepatitis b vaccine (rdna)
Neuropathy, Pain, Paralysis, Abdominal pain, Anaphylactic reaction, Angioedema (swelling of deeper layers of skin), Convulsion, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Fatigue, Fever, Headache, Decreased blood pressure, Itching, Feeling of discomfort, Meningitis, Muscle pain, Nausea, Rash, Skin redness, Vomiting, Weakness
Available Medicine for Hepatitis B Vaccine (rDNA)
- ₹38 to ₹772Serum Institute Of India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹6000Reliance Life Sciences1 variant(s)
- ₹100Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹180Bharat Biotech1 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹106Bharat Biotech2 variant(s)
- ₹51 to ₹163Indian Immunologicals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹172Sanofi India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹52Serum Institute Of India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11000Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6875Synergy Diagnostics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Hepatitis B Vaccine (rDNA)
- Inform your doctor before taking the vaccine if you have a weakened immune system due to cancer, use of anti-cancer drugs, dialysis or HIV infection.
- Inform your doctor before taking the vaccine if you are old, obese or if you smoke.
- Tell your doctor if you fainted during earlier vaccination with hepatitis B or if you have problems with blood clotting or if you have hepatitis B infection or live in an area prone to hepatitis B infection.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as the vaccine may make you feel dizzy.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to hepatitis B or any other vaccines or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if having fever.
Frequently asked questions for Hepatitis B Vaccine (rDNA)
Hepatitis B Vaccine (rDNA)
Q. Is hepatitis B infection curable?
No. In most cases, the symptoms of hepatitis B infection is resolved within 4-8 weeks but person remain infected for lifetime. In some cases, however, symptoms may persist for a longer time (chronic infection)
Q. Is hepatitis B infection fatal or life-threatening?
Yes. Hepatitis B infection symptoms, if present for a longer time, may cause chronic infection, liver cirrhosis or liver cancer
Q. Is hepatitis B infection contagious?
Yes. Hepatitis B virus infection is contagious
Q. Does it spread through saliva or sharing of food?
Spreads through contact with the body fluids including saliva, blood, semen etc. of the infected person
Q. Does hepatitis B vaccine cause fever?
Mild fever may occur after hepatitis B vaccine administration. Contact your doctor if your fever worsens or does not go away.