Information about Gatifloxacin Topical
Gatifloxacin topical uses
Gatifloxacin Topical is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How gatifloxacin topical works
Gatifloxacin Topical is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting the DNA replication.
Common side effects of gatifloxacin topical
Available Medicine for Gatifloxacin Topical
- ₹246Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹98Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹56Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹77Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹41Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹140Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹60Indoco Remedies Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹43Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹36Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Gatifloxacin Topical
- Your doctor has prescribed Gatifloxacin Topical to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
Frequently asked questions for Gatifloxacin Topical
Q. Does gatifloxacin topical contain sulfa?
Gatifloxacin topical does not contain sulfa. It is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic
Q. Is gatifloxacin topical the same as Zymaxid?
Zymaxid is the brand name for gatifloxacin eye solution
Q. Is gatifloxacin topical the same as ofloxacin?
Both gatifloxacin and ofloxacin are fluoroquinolone antibiotics and have the same mechanism of killing bacteria. Ofloxacin topical is used to treat eye and ear infections, whereas gatifloxacin is used in the form of eye/ear drops for the treatment of eye and ear infections only. They are also different with respect to the side-effects they cause
Q. Is gatifloxacin topical banned in India?
Gatifloxacin is banned in India for oral/injectable use in humans, however its use as eye/ear drops is not banned.