Information about Framycetin Topical
Framycetin topical uses
Framycetin topical is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, eyes, and ears, and is used to prevent the infection of burn wounds or after foreign body removal from the eyes.
How framycetin topical works
Framycetin topical is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of framycetin topical
Ototoxicity, Burning sensation, Tingling sensation, Hearing loss, Irritation, Rash, Itching
Available Medicine for Framycetin Topical
- ₹34 to ₹108Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹150Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹25Torque Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Framycetin Topical
- Caution should be exercised in children and elderly patients.
- Eye drops may cause blurring of vision. Do not drive or use any machinery after application.
- Do not use the eye drops for more than 7 days without consulting your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to framycetin or any of its ingredients.
- Patients with an eye infection caused by a fungus or a virus or tuberculosis, or pus-forming eye infection should not use framycetin in the eye.
- Patients with glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems) should not use framycetin eye-drops.
- It should not take if patient with damaged (perforated) ear drum should not use framycetin ear drops.
Frequently asked questions for Framycetin Topical
Q. What is framycetin sulphate/Soframycin?
Framycetin belongs to a class of medicines called as aminoglycoside antibiotics. It acts by killing bacteria that cause infections. Soframycin is a brand name of framycetin.