Information about Flurbiprofen Topical
Flurbiprofen topical uses
Flurbiprofen Topical is used in eye pain. It is used to prevent and treat inflammation and associated symptoms following eye surgery.
How flurbiprofen topical works
Flurbiprofen Topical is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of prostaglandin, that causes allergy symptoms and inflammation (swelling and redness).
Common side effects of flurbiprofen topical
Available Medicine for Flurbiprofen Topical
- ₹119 to ₹131Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹63Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹51FDC Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹146Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹64Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹55Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹48Albert David Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59Bell Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Flurbiprofen Topical
- Your doctor has prescribed Flurbiprofen Topical to pre-treat the eyes before eye surgery to prevent the pupil from narrowing during the surgery.
- Flurbiprofen Topical also provides relief from post-operative eye pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- Usually a 4 to 6-week course may be necessary.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins.Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Notify your doctor if you are on blood thinners or have bleeding problems.
- Use the eye drops within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.