Information about Estradiol Topical
Estradiol topical uses
Estradiol Topical is used for dryness in vagina.
How estradiol topical works
Estradiol belongs to a class of medications called as sex hormones. It is a form of estrogen (female sex hormone) that is produced by the ovaries. It acts by replacing the natural hormone in the body when there is a deficiency.
Common side effects of estradiol topical
Available Medicine for Estradiol Topical
- ₹660Besins Healthcare India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹148Johnson & Johnson Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹289Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Estradiol Topical
- Do not use estradiol patches over your breasts.
- Tell your doctor if you have ever had any of the following problems, before you start the treatment:
- fibroids inside your womb, growth of womb lining outside your womb (endometriosis) or a history of endometrial hyperplasia (excessive growth of the womb lining), family history of breast cancer.
- Stop taking estradiol and see a doctor immediately if you notice yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes (jaundice), rise in your blood pressure (symptoms may be headache, tiredness, dizziness), new onset migraine-like headaches, pregnancy, signs of a blood clot, such as: painful swelling and redness of the legs, sudden chest pain, difficulty in breathing.
- Do not use if you are allergic to estradiol hemihydrate or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have or have ever had breast cancer or cancer of the womb lining (endometrium).
- Do not use if you have excessive thickening of the womb lining (endometrial hyperplasia).
- Do not use if you have unexplained vaginal bleeding.
- Do not use if you have venous thromboembolism or other thrombophilic disorders.
- Do not use if you have a rare blood problem called porphyria.
- Do not use by Pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Do not use by Children.
Frequently asked questions for Estradiol Topical
Q. Is estradiol and estrogen the same/ is estradiol the same as progesterone/ is estradiol a synthetic hormone/does estradiol valerate work/ what is evalon cream?
Estradiol is the most potent natural estrogen produced by ovaries in female. It is different from another female hormone that is progesterone. It is not a conjugated estrogen and it not a synthetic hormone. Estradiol valerate and Evalon vaginal cream works same as estradiol
Q. Can I take estrogen forever?
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration
Q. Is estradiol safe/ stop your period?
Estradiol is safe if used at recommended dosage and duration. Estradiol can stop your periods. Other side effects are not confirmed but may occur with some patients. Consult your doctor if you experience any side effects
Q. Is estradiol a conjugated estrogen/ better than Premarin?
Estradiol is a synthetic hormone, whereas premarin contains conjugated estrogen. Both are different types of estrogen and have comparable benefit and side-effect profile.