Dextromethorphan topical in combination with other medications is used to relieve muscle pains, back pain and pain related to arthritis, strains and sprains.
How it works
Dextromethorphan belongs to class of medications called as opium alkaloids. It works by reducing the pain by blocking the pain transmission and pain sensation.
Common side effects
Application site irritation, Rash, Itching
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Do not use patches for more than 5 days, unless directed by your doctor.
- Only one patch must be used at a time and total number of patches should not exceed 4 daily.
- Do not apply dextromethorphan patch anywhere else apart from skin.
- Do not apply the patch on wounds, damaged or irritated skin, or in large quantities especially on the blistered area.
- Do not bandage or cover the patch with any wrap or dressing apart from regular clothing.
- Do not apply external heat or use a heating pad on the patch.
- Consult your doctor and discontinue using the patch if condition worsens or severe skin irritation occurs or if pain persists for more than seven days.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to dextromethorphan or any of the ingredients.
- Children below 12 years of age must not use.