Information about Dalteparin
Dalteparin is used to prevent Acute coronary syndrome, Deep vein thrombosis and Pulmonary embolism. It prevents the formation of blood clots in the legs, lungs, brain or heart.
How dalteparin works
Dalteparin is an anticoagulant that prevents the formation of harmful blood clots.
Common side effects of dalteparin
Bleeding, Injection site reaction
Available Medicine for Dalteparin
- ₹388 to ₹711Pfizer Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹261 to ₹4400Gland Pharma Limited3 variant(s)
- ₹230 to ₹399United Biotech Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹228 to ₹518Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dalteparin
- Inform your doctor if you are also taking other medicines that increase the bleeding risk like aspirin and NSAIDs.
- Inform your doctor if there is bleeding from gums, nose or wounds that lasts more than 15 minutes or if blood appears in your urine, stool or vomit.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Dalteparin
Q. Can the use of Dalteparin increase the risk of bleeding?
Yes, Dalteparin increases the risk of bleeding. Always be careful while doing activities that may cause an injury or bleeding. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice any abnormal bruising or bleeding.
Q. What medicines should I avoid while taking Dalteparin?
Dalteparin can interact with several medicines. Do not take any medicine without talking to your doctor.
Q. Is Dalteparin an anticoagulant/ a LMWH?
Dalteparin is an anticoagulant drug which belongs to class of medications called low molecular weight heparins.
Q. When will I feel better after taking Dalteparin?
Dalteparin reduces your risk of developing blood clots in the blood vessels of your leg, lungs, heart and brain. You may not feel any difference after taking Dalteparin. However, keep taking this medicine as prescribed by your doctor because you will still be getting its full benefits.