Cyclobenzaprine topical is used along with other topical preparations, physical therapy and rest to relieve pain, stiffness or discomfort caused by muscle injury. It is also used to relieve skeletal muscle spasms and associated pain in musculoskeletal conditions.
How it works
Cyclobenzaprine belongs to the class of medications called as centrally acting muscle relaxants. It works by blocking nerve signals of pain sensation that are sent from site of pain to the brain.
Common side effects
Allergic reaction, Itching, Skin rash, Erythema, Allergic skin rash
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Avoid direct contact with your eyes. In case of accidental contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Do not apply other skin products such as moisturizing cream to the same area at the same time.
- Stop applying cyclobenzaprine and consult your doctor if you develop any allergic reaction.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to cyclobenzaprine or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is cyclobenzaprine an opiate/blood thinner/pain killer/NSAID?
Cyclobenzaprine is not an opiate/blood thinner/NSAID. It is a centrally acting anticholinergic agent used as a muscle relaxant.