Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol
Information about Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol
Chlorpromazine + trihexyphenidyl/benzhexol uses
Chlorpromazine+Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How chlorpromazine + trihexyphenidyl/benzhexol works
This is a combination of two medicines: Chlorpromazine and Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol. Chlorpromazine is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (dopamine) in the brain that affects thoughts and mood. However, it may cause side effects such as involuntary movements (shaking of hands, muscle spasms). Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol is added to treat and prevent these side effects.
Common side effects of chlorpromazine + trihexyphenidyl/benzhexol
Nausea, Constipation, Sedation, Weight gain, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Urinary retention, Increased prolactin level in blood, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Dryness in mouth, Nervousness
Available Medicine for Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol
- ₹24Gujarat Terce Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹19La Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹15Talent India1 variant(s)
- ₹38Triko Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹25Mayflower India1 variant(s)
- ₹3 to ₹28La Pharmaceuticals4 variant(s)
- ₹31Talent Healthcare1 variant(s)
- ₹21Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8D D Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol
- Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol is a combination medicine that helps treat schizophrenia.
- Trihexyphenidyl controls drug induced abnormal movements.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medication as it may lower its efficacy.
- It can cause dry mouth. Maintain good oral hygiene,drink water, chew sugarless gum, or suck on hard candy for the dry mouth.
- It can make you more sensitive to changes in temperature. Drink plenty of liquids and dress appropriately.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma or trouble passing urine.
- Do not stop taking Chlorpromazine + Trihexyphenidyl/Benzhexol without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.