Cetirizine is an antiallergic used to treat skin allergies.
How it works
Cetirizine belongs to the group of medicines called antihistamines. It acts by blocking a natural substance (histamine) that is produced in the body during an allergic reaction.
Common side effects
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking cetirizine because you may feel sleepy.
- Avoid alcohol intake while taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects: changes in vision, severe dry mouth, trouble urinating, constipation or drowsiness.
- Do not start or continue the cetirizine tablets:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cetirizine or any of the other ingredients of cetirizine tablet.
- If you have severe kidney problem or severe liver problem.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered before taking cetirizine tablets in case of any following disease conditions such as fits, severe kidney impairment, intolerance to sugars.