Information about Budesonide
How budesonide works
Budesonide is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of budesonide
Headache, Respiratory tract infection, Back pain, Indigestion, Abdominal pain, Dizziness, Flatulence, Vomiting, Fatigue, Pain
Available Medicine for Budesonide
- ₹72 to ₹450Cipla Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹345Lupin Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹112Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹164 to ₹5000Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹152 to ₹330Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹122 to ₹381Zydus Cadila9 variant(s)
- ₹136Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹390Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹317Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹319Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Budesonide
- Budesonide ‘dampens down’ inflammation in the lungs to provide long-term (maintenance) treatment of asthma and prevent disease progression.
- Budesonide will not work for an ongoing asthma attack. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Take it at the same time every day to prevent asthma attacks.
- Never breathe out into the mouthpiece.
- Only minuscule amounts of Budesonide may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects such or weight gain are unlikely.
Frequently asked questions for Budesonide
Q. Does Budesonide raise blood sugar?
If you are taking Budesonide orally, your blood sugar levels may increase. However, with Budesonide inhaler, an increase in the blood sugar levels is very rare but may increase only if very high doses are taken for a very long time.
Q. Does Budesonide cause bone loss?
Budesonide being a steroid tends to decrease bone density, but this is seen in patients who take Budesonide in high doses and for a very long time. Take Budesonide as per the doctor’s advice to decrease the chances of developing decreased bone density.
Q. Does Budesonide weaken the immune system?
Weakening of the immune system is more common in people who take Budesonide orally (tablet or capsule). With Budesonide inhalation, the immune system weakens only if it is taken in very high doses for a very long time.