Acetylcholine Eye Drops Ointment
Acetylcholine Eye Drops Ointment is used in the treatment of glaucoma (high eye pressure).
How it works
Acetylcholine belongs to the class of drugs called as neuro-hormones. It works by contracting the pupil when applied during surgery.
Common side effects
Bradycardia, Dizziness, Shortness of breath, Flushing, Increased sweating
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
• Inform your doctor if you are applying preparations containing NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen or diclofenac) on your skin to treat pain and swelling.
• Do not drive or operate machinery as acetylcholine may cause visual disturbances even after surgery.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients who are allergic to acetylcholine or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to children.