food interaction for ZYTANIX
alcohol interaction for ZYTANIX
pregnancy interaction for ZYTANIX
lactation interaction for ZYTANIX
medicine interaction for ZYTANIX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ZYTANIX
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ZYTANIX 5 MG TABLET
Patients taking ZYTANIX 5 MG TABLET
- 77%Once A Day
- 16%Twice A Day
- 3%Thrice A Day
- 2%Twice A Week
- 1%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR ZYTANIX
- METOZ 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 16.21/tabletRs. 162.09save 22% more per tablet
- DIUREM 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 10.02/tabletRs. 100.15save 52% more per tablet
- ZALAT 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.34/tabletRs. 103.38save 50% more per tablet
- METOLAZ 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 12.85/tabletRs. 128.47save 38% more per tablet
- LAZON 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 11.53/tabletRs. 115.32save 44% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ZYTANIX
- Do not take metolazone tablets, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to sulfa drugs, thiazides, any other medications, metolazone or any of the other ingredients of metolazone tablet.
- Do not take metolazone, if you are unable to urinate; if you have precoma or are in a coma caused by severe liver disease; if you have kidney or liver problem.
- Avoid using metolazone, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor, if you have or ever had diabetes, gout, low blood sodium or potassium levels, systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking metolazone.
Frequently asked questions FOR ZYTANIX
Q. Is metolazone potassium sparing diuretic/ loop diuretic/ beta blocker/ steroid/narcotic?
Metolazone belongs to the group of medicines called quinazoline and thiazide-like diuretic and it is not potassium sparing diuretic/ loop diuretic/ beta blocker/ steroid/narcotic
Q. Is metolazone discontinued?
No, metolazone is not discontinued
Q. Is metolazone stronger than Lasix?
Metolazone and furosemide (Lasix) belongs to same category of drugs (diuretics), but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q. Can you take metolazone with Lasix?
Metolazone and furosemide (Lasix) may sometimes be prescribed, but these combinations can lead to dehydration and electrolyte abnormalities. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does metolazone contain sulfa?
Yes, it contains sulfa. Chemically it is called as 7-chloro-2-methyl-4-oxo-3-o-tolyl-1, 2, 3, 4-tetrahydroquinazoline-6-sulfonamide
Q. Does metolazone get you high/ deplete potassium?
Metolazone causing the above side effects is uncommon or rare. However consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q. Does metolazone appear in breast milk?
Yes, metolazone gets excreted in breast milk. Patient should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. How long does metolazone take to work?
It depends upon disease condition and lot of other factors. Patient should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.