food interaction for ZYMAR
alcohol interaction for ZYMAR
pregnancy interaction for ZYMAR
lactation interaction for ZYMAR
medicine interaction for ZYMAR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ZYMAR
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ZYMAR 0.3% W/V DROP
Patients taking ZYMAR 0.3% W/V DROP
- 57%Four Times A Day
- 21%Thrice A Day
- 14%Once A Day
- 7%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR ZYMAR
- MICROGAT 0.3% W/V DROP(5 ML drop in packet)Micro Labs LtdRs. 9.29/ML of dropRs. 46.45save 28% more per ML of drop
- GFLOTAS 0.3% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.20/ML of dropRs. 36save 44% more per ML of drop
- GATICIN 0.3% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.10/ML of dropRs. 20.50save 68% more per ML of drop
- V GAT 0.3% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Varroc LifesciencesRs. 8.38/ML of dropRs. 41.90save 35% more per ML of drop
- Q4G 0.3% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Appasamy Ocular Device Pvt LtdRs. 6.10/ML of dropRs. 30.50save 52% more per ML of drop
Expert advice FOR ZYMAR
- Avoid contact lenses if you have bacterial conjunctivitis or you are applying eye drops.
- Inform your doctor about your existing medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines that you use.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as you may have blurred vision after using gatifloxacin topical.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to gatifloxacin or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions FOR ZYMAR
Q. Does gatifloxacin topical contain sulfa?
Gatifloxacin topical does not contain sulfa. It is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic
Q. Is gatifloxacin topical the same as Zymaxid?
Zymaxid is the brand name for gatifloxacin eye solution
Q. Is gatifloxacin topical the same as ofloxacin?
Both gatifloxacin and ofloxacin are fluoroquinolone antibiotics and have the same mechanism of killing bacteria. Ofloxacin topical is used to treat eye and ear infections, whereas gatifloxacin is used in the form of eye/ear drops for the treatment of eye and ear infections only. They are also different with respect to the side-effects they cause
Q. Is gatifloxacin topical banned in India?
Gatifloxacin is banned in India for oral/injectable use in humans, however its use as eye/ear drops is not banned.