Medicine Overview of Zyban Tablet
Side effects of Zyban Tablet
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Allergic reaction, Impaired concentration, Sweating, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Altered taste, Abdominal pain, Agitation, Anxiety, Fever, Constipation, Tremor.
How to use Zyban Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Zyban 150mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Zyban Tablet works
Zyban 150mg tablet works in depression by increasing the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that helps in regulating mood. The mechanism underlying its use in smoking addiction are not fully understood.
In Depth Information on Zyban Tablet
Expert advice for Zyban Tablet
- Tell your doctor if you have history of head injury, alcohol abuse, diabetes or stimulants or anorectic products use.
- There should be an interval of at least 8 hours between successive doses of bupropion.
- You may suffer from insomnia while on bupropion therapy. You can reduce its incidence by avoiding to take this medicine during bedtime (while maintaining at least 8 hours gap between doses).
- Bupropion should be used with caution in the elderly, patients with hepatic/renal impairment.
- You should not exceed the recommended dose of bupropion, since bupropion is associated with a dose-related risk of fits (seizures).
- Blood pressure should be monitored at regular intervals in patients with high blood pressure.
- Inform your doctor about taking bupropion if you are scheduled to have urine tests.
- Bupropion may cause dizziness/light-headedness, affecting your concentration and judgement. If affected, don’t drive or operate machinery till you feel fine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Zyban 150mg Tablet
Zyban 150mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zyban 150mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Zyban 150mg Tablet should be used with caution during lactat+more
ion. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Zyban 150mg Tablet may cause dizziness or light-headedness, may affect your concentration and judgement. This may affect your driving ability....
Zyban 150mg Tablet may cause dizziness or light-headedness, may affect your concentration and judgement. This may affect your driving ability.
Zyban 150mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be advised in patients with renal impairment....
Caution should be advised in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Rimarex 300mg Capsule, Preva 75mg Tablet, Serenace 5mg Injection 1ml, Epsolin 50mg/2ml Injection
If you miss a dose of Bupropion, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Zyban 150mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Bupropion
Zyban is an antidepressant drug and not an SSRI/MAOI/a narcotic/a tricyclic antidepressant
Zyban is not a stimulant/addictive if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Zyban is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Zyban is not an amphetamine. Zyban is an antidepressant medication whereas amphetamine is a stimulant and an appetite suppressant
Zyban is not a controlled substance
Zyban along with motivational support is used to stop smoking in nicotine dependent patients. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/Xanax/Tylenol/Sudafed with bupropion?
Bupropion can be taken with ibuprofen/Xanax/Tylenol/Sudafed. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does Zyban cause hair loss/make you tired/make you gain weight/cause acne/make you high/cause drowsiness?
These side effects are rare or uncommon with Zyban use. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms and stop taking Zyban immediately
Zyban does not contain monoamine oxidase inhibitor.
Substitutes for Zyban
No substitutes found for this medicine