Substitutes for ZUFINIB TABLET
CHEMOGEF 250MG TABLET
Neon Laboratories Ltd
GEFTISTAR 250MG TABLET
GEFICAD 250MG TABLET
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
GEFTIB 250MG TABLET
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
EMFIB 250MG TABLET
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Medicine Overview of ZUFINIB TABLET
Uses of ZUFINIB TABLET
Zufinib 250mg tablet is used in the treatment of small cell lung cancer.
Side effects of ZUFINIB TABLET
Nausea, Rash, Vomiting, Weakness, Loss of appetite, Dry skin, Diarrhoea, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth).
How to use ZUFINIB TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Zufinib 250mg tablet at a fixed time.
How ZUFINIB TABLET works
In patients with cancer, a change in DNA (genetic material) triggers a signal which produces abnormal cancer cells. Zufinib 250mg tablet blocks this signal, and thus stops the production of these cancer cells.
In Depth Information on ZUFINIB TABLET
Expert advice for ZUFINIB TABLET
- Do not take antacids (to reduce the acid level of your stomach) 2 hours before or 1 hour after taking gefitinib.
- Take the tablet at about the same time each day.
- Do not give gefitinib to children.
- Do not take gefitinib, if you are allergic to gefitinib or similar medicines or to any of the other ingredients.
- Avoid using gefitinib, if you are pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Avoid becoming pregnant during treatment with gefitinib because it could harm your baby.
- If you are taking a medicine containing warfarin as an active substance, your doctor may need to do blood tests more often.
- You may feel weak while taking this medicine, be careful while driving or using tools or machines.
Special precautions for ZUFINIB 250MG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zufinib 250mg tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Zufinib 250mg tablet is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Patients may experience undesirable effects like asthenia a+more
nd should avoid driving vehicles or using machines....
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for ZUFINIB 250MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Gefitinib
Q. Is gefitinib a chemotherapy/monoclonal antibody/what is gefitinib used for/ what is gefitinib tablets/ what is gefitinib 250/Does gefitinib cure lung cancer?
Gefitinib (250 mg) is used to treat adults with non-small cell lung cancer. It is used as an adjunct to other chemotherapies. It is not a monoclonal antibody
Q. Is gefitinib effective/does gefitinib work?
Gefitinib is effective and works for most patients if taken at recommended dosage and duration
Q. How is gefitinib administered?
Gefitinib is taken orally.