Medicine Overview of Zpac Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Rash, Low blood platelets, Upper respiratory tract infection, Urinary tract infection, Bleeding, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Decreased blood pressure, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Hair loss, Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils).
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Zpac 100mg Injection blocks replication of genetic material (DNA) in the cancer cells. Thus it stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Zpac Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart problems, liver problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow (myelosupression).
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe allergic reactions such as shortness of breath, irregular heart-beats, dizziness, swelling of face or rash; tingling, burning or numbness in finger or toes.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking radiation therapy of the lungs or if you have Kaposi’s sarcoma with a sore or inflamed mouth.
- Women on this therapy should use two methods of contraception and 3 months after it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child and 3 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as paclitaxel may cause some dizziness, nausea or tiredness.
- Paclitaxel is not recommended for children below 18 years.
- Ensure that you receive anti-allergic medication before the therapy to prevent any allergic response.
Zpac Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zpac 100mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Zpac 100mg Injection is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
As there is no reason why you cannot continue driving between courses of Zpac 100mg Injection but you should remember that this medicine contains some alcohol and it may be unwise to drive
Zpac 100mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Zpac 100mg Injection is recommended.
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease.
Zpac 100mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Zpac 100mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Zpac 100mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Zpac 100mg Injection, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Zpac Injection
Yes, Zpac is generic/ taxane/ FDA approved/ cytotoxic
Zpac is usually a vesicant (irritant)
Yes, Zpac is light sensitive/ hydrophobic/ cardiotoxic
Yes, Zpac may cause hair loss as a side effect. Please inform your doctor about any side effect while you are on Zpac therapy
Zpac is derived from bark of the Pacific yew, Taxus brevifolia.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Zpac 100mg Injection: BDN, LCC, MDH, QLF, CHP, MMS, HMP, SJP, UMP, SWP, TNH, SHC, PLT, SCH, GTC, MDO, PWN, INC, AGT, DHR, HSP, RWP, GNC, BSN, AMR, DPL, GHR, AAR, BBS, PTI, DYG, NTB, OIP, EQN, DAO, STA, NXG, EVP, AYM, FGH, BAP, NVL, BLE, ADT, HGI, SHP, HEX, WSI, BMJ, PNT, QTM, HPC, TOM, ZVP, P2P, SVS, KHH, NVY, SWA, SGC, PMA, DPP, PEN, NDP, RDR, SHD, THP, SVH, MPC, RUS, RHW, JVO, ENP, DLP, BTM, MAK, MLC, AAY, JIV, ARD, TRP, SAF, VRS, SGH, PPR, HZF, ATL, RPP, KHC, SSA, HIP, PRN, CLT, VDH, SBL, NAS, JSL, SPD, WHL, SLN, DGN, TFP, RJH, ANT, VNS, RKS, SDM, SYN, OLT, GPT, RDH, ATP, DVH, IAD, ESY, ABP, BIO, EMB, LHA, GTK, RPI, AYU, BHP, OWP, MSD, HNP, KMC, HTS, OHM, SBA, NSL, DFP, RSS, MAM, 9T9, MAX, BHM, HBV, RHL, USF, JVN, ZEL, GBL, IPL, NNH, SRG, RSA, PVP, BAL, HAT, GPP