food interaction for ZOVIRAX
alcohol interaction for ZOVIRAX
pregnancy interaction for ZOVIRAX
lactation interaction for ZOVIRAX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZOVIRAX
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ZOVIRAX 400 MG TABLET
Patients taking ZOVIRAX 400 MG TABLET
- 53%Thrice A Day
- 33%Once A Day
- 13%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ZOVIRAX
- HERPIKIND 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 11.99/tabletRs. 119.91same price
- HERPERAX 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 13.13/tabletRs. 131.35pay 10% more per tablet
- ACIHERPIN 400MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)AGIO Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.22/tabletRs. 48.89pay 2% more per tablet
- ACICET 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Kivi Labs LtdRs. 11.58/tabletRs. 115.79save 3% more per tablet
- LOVIR 400MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Eli Lilly and Company India Pvt LtdRs. 24.91/tabletRs. 124.56pay 108% more per tablet
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Parul SharmaMBBS, MS, DNB, Fellowship
Expert advice for ZOVIRAX
- Do not drive or operate machines if you feel drowsy after taking acyclovir
- Do consult your doctor before taking acyclovir if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Do consult your doctor before taking acyclovir if you are breast-feeding
- Take acyclovir as directed by your doctor during pregnancy to prevent genital herpes blisters. The infection may be passed on to the baby during childbirth if you develop genital blisters.
- Kidney problems
- Weak immune system (immunocompromised)
- Breathing difficulties
- Nervous disorder
- Abnormal levels of salts (electrolytes) in blood
Frequently asked questions for ZOVIRAX
Q.Is dydrogesterone same as progesterone?
No. Dydrogesterone is an artificially synthesized drug which is very similar to the naturally produced female hormone progesterone. Its action in the body is closely related to progesterone
Q.Is dydrogesterone safe?
Yes. Dydrogesterone is safe if used at the prescribed does for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is dydrogesterone banned in USA?
No dydrogesterone is not banned by the US FDA (US- Food and Drug Administration)
Q.Is dydrogesterone a steroid?
Yes. Dydrogesterone has steroidal chemical structure which is very similar to the naturally produced steroidal female hormone progesterone
Q.Dydrogesterone is used for?
Dydrogesterone is used to treat conditions associated with low levels of female hormone progesterone. It may also be used in combination with estrogen drugs as a hormone replacement therapy in females at menopause (the time in a woman's life when her menstrual periods stop)
Q.Does dydrogesterone delay periods?
Yes. Delayed, irregular, painful and heavy menstrual periods are among the common side effects of dydrogesterone
Q.How does dydrogesterone work?
Dydrogesterone works by replacing female hormone progesterone in conditions where the body fails to produce sufficient amounts.