food interaction for ZOVATOR
alcohol interaction for ZOVATOR
pregnancy interaction for ZOVATOR
lactation interaction for ZOVATOR
Avoid Zovator 10 mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZOVATOR
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ZOVATOR 10 MG TABLET
Patients taking ZOVATOR 10 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ZOVATOR
- ATORVA 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 5.35/tabletRs. 53.45save 21% more per tablet
- AZTOR 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.34/tabletRs. 53.44save 21% more per tablet
- TONACT 10 TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 5.33/tabletRs. 80save 21% more per tablet
- STATOR 10 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 4.84/tabletRs. 72.66save 28% more per tablet
- ATOCOR 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 5.35/tabletRs. 53.45save 21% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for ZOVATOR
- Consult your doctor if you feel sudden muscle pain, weakness or fever
- Consult your doctor if you notice dark colored urine or yellowing of eyes or skin
- Avoid intake of excess fat containing food, it may reduce the effectiveness of atorvastatin.
- Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice, it may interact and lead to potentially dangerous effect.
- Talk to your doctor if you have had a previous stroke with bleeding into the brain
- Consult your doctor if you have kidney problems, under-active thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), a personal or family history of muscle problems
Frequently asked questions for ZOVATOR
Q.What is tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20?
Atorvastatin (also available as tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20) belong to group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It acts by blocking the enzyme HMG CoA reductase and formation of cholesterol, thus, lowering the blood lipid levels.
Q.Is atorvastatin same as simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is atorvastatin diuretic/ beta blocker/ ace inhibitor?
No. Atorvastatin belongs to class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor or statins
Q.It atorvastatin gluten free?
Yes. It is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is it a blood thinner?
No. it is a lipid lowering drug
Q.Is atorvastatin better than simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same category of medications with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.