SALT INFORMATIONZolpidem(5 mg)
Zolpidem is used to treat sleep problems such as difficulty falling asleep, waking in the middle of the night, waking too early in adults that are causing distress and affecting every day life.
How it works
Zolpidem belongs to a group of drugs called hypnotics and sedatives. It works by slowing activity in the brain to help you sleep.
Common side effects
Headache, Dizziness or drowsiness, Constipation, Dry mouth and tiredness, Heartburn, Unusual dreams, Accumulation of gas, Nausea, Stomach pain, Allergic reactions of skin like redness, Diarrhea, Dry mouth, Balance disorder
- NITREST 5MG TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 6.40/TabletRs. 64save 14% more per Tablet
- SOBRIUM 5MG TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Ranbaxy Laboratories LtdRs. 5.90/TabletRs. 59save 20% more per Tablet
- SOVE-5 TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 5.80/TabletRs. 58save 22% more per Tablet
- ZOLDEM 5MG TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Anglo-French Drugs & Industries LtdRs. 5.07/TabletRs. 50.72save 31% more per Tablet
- ZOLNAP 5MG TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Icon Life SciencesRs. 5.20/TabletRs. 52save 30% more per Tablet
- Take the medicine 30-45 min before going to bed.
- Do not start or continue zolpidem and consult your doctor if you are allergic to zolpidem, or to any of the other ingredients in zolpidem tablets.
- Zolpidem can be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. It should be used for only a short time.
- Do not take this medication more than 2 weeks without your doctor's advice.
- Zolpidem may impair your thinking or reactions. You may still feel sleepy the morning after taking this medicine, especially if you take the extended-release tablet, or if you are a woman.
- Do not drive or work with machines while taking this medicine.
- Do not take this medicine if you have consumed alcohol during the day or just before bed.
- Zolpidem may cause a severe allergic reaction. Stop taking this medicine and get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is zolpidem/ Ambien a benzodiazepine or a controlled drug or an opiate?
No. Zolpidem is sedative-hypnotic, used to treat sleep problems. Ambien is a brand containing zolpidem as active ingredient.
Q. Can I take zolpidem with hydrocodone/ Benadryl (diphenhydramine)/ Xanax (alprazolam)/ Nyquil (paracetamol, dextromethorphan, doxylamine )/ lorazepam/ ibuprofen/ citalopram?
Zolpidem may cause excessive drowsiness, sleepiness, breathing difficulty and difficulty performing rutine as well as skilful activities if taken with either of hydrocodone/ Benadryl (diphenhydramine)/ Xanax (alprazolam)/ Nyquil (paracetamol, dextromethorphan, doxylamine )/ lorazepam/ citalopram. Do not take zolpidem with these drugs. Zolpidem has no known interactions with ibuprofen. Always consult your doctor before consuming any drug concomitantly with zolpidem.
Q. Can I take zolpidem with prednisone?
No results found for any interaction of zolpidem with prednisone, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication.
Q. Can I take zolpidem with food?
No change in effect of zolpidem has been reported when taken with food.
Q. Does zolpidem make you high?
Zolpidem produces a calming effect on the brain and induces sleep. This calming effect may be perceived as pleasant or feeling high by some individuals. On prolonged use, zolpidem may also make an individual dependent such that they are not be able to sleep or function normally without taking it.
Q. Does zolpidem raise blood pressure/ cause headaches/ weight loss?
Headache is a common side-effect of zolpidem. Zolpidem has not been reported to have any effect on blood pressure or weight.
Q. Does zolpidem have acetaminophen or asprin in it?
No, zolpidem does not have acetaminophen or asprin in it.
Q. Does zolpidem help with anxiety?
Zolpidem is used to treat insomnia, which may help ease anxiety in some patients, although doctors do not prescribe zolpidem for anxiety alone because it does not work in the same manner as other sedatives anti-anxiety drugs.
Q. Does zolpidem expire?
Like all medicines, zolpidem has an expiry date, which is printed on the tablet strip or bottle. Zolpidem should not be taken beyond this date.