Medicine Overview of Zoladex Injection
Side effects of Zoladex Injection
Hot flashes, Increased sweating, Decreased libido.
How to use Zoladex Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Zoladex Injection works
Zoladex 10.8mg injection is a hormone similar to the one produced by a hypothalmus gland in the brain. It works by decreasing the levels of testosterone and estrogen.
In Depth Information on Zoladex Injection
Expert advice for Zoladex Injection
- Inform the doctor if you have a history of urinary problems (eg. blockage of the bladder or ureters), spinal cord problems, abnormal growths on or near the spine or spinal cord, mental or mood problems (eg, depression), diabetes or high blood sugar, a certain type of irregular heartbeat (congenital long QT syndrome) or other heart problems (eg, congestive heart failure), blood vessel problems, a stroke, or high blood calcium levels, bone problems like weak bones, osteoporosis (thinning or weakening of bones).
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking goserelin as it causes dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking goserelin as it may worsen the side effects.
- Seek medical attention if you experience worsening of symptoms like bone pain; blood in the urine; difficulty urinating; burning, numbness, or tingling especially during the first few weeks.
- Consult your doctor if you continue to have menstrual bleeding while taking goserelin as it should stop regular menstrual bleeding.
- Avoid becoming pregnant while using goserelin for at least 12 weeks after stopping goserelin.
- Frequent monitoring of blood glucose levels in diabetics taking goserelin is recommended.
- Do not use oral contraceptives while you are having goserelin. Use necessary precautions to avoid pregnancy.
Special precautions for Zoladex 10.8mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Zoladex 10.8mg Injection is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Zoladex 10.8mg Inj+more
ection during lactation. Please consult your doctor....
Zoladex 10.8mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Zoladex 10.8mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kid+more
ney disease. No dose adjustment of Zoladex 10.8mg Injection is recommended....
Zoladex 10.8mg Injection is safe to use in patients with liv+more
er disease. No dose adjustment of Zoladex 10.8mg Injection is recommended....
If you miss a dose of Goserelin, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Zoladex 10.8mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Goserelin
Zoladex is a chemotherapeutic agent used in the treatment of hormone-sensitive cancers of the breast (in pre- and peri- menopausal women) and prostate, and some benign gynecological disorders (endometriosis, uterine fibroids and endometrial thinning). In addition, it is used in assisted reproduction and in the treatment of precocious puberty
Zoladex implants contain the active ingredient Zoladex acetate and are injected under the surface of the skin on the stomach
Q. How long can I take zoladex for?
It is given once or multiple times as required. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen/noethisterone with zoladex?
Yes you can take paracetamol/ibuprofen/noethisterone with zoladex.
User Submitted Feedback For Zoladex 10.8mg Injection
Patients taking Zoladex 10.8mg Injection
Once A Day
Once A Month
Once A Week
Twice A Week
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Zoladex
No substitutes found for this medicine