food interaction for ZOCIN(IND)
alcohol interaction for ZOCIN(IND)
pregnancy interaction for ZOCIN(IND)
lactation interaction for ZOCIN(IND)
SALT INFORMATION for ZOCIN(IND)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZOCIN(IND)
- FORTWIN 30MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.58/ML of injectionRs. 5.58pay 41% more per ML of injection
- RIDDOF 30MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 4.50/ML of injectionRs. 4.50pay 14% more per ML of injection
- PENTAWIN 30MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 6/ML of injectionRs. 6pay 52% more per ML of injection
- NICOZOCIN 30 MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 6.25/ML of injectionRs. 6.25pay 58% more per ML of injection
- RIDDOF 30MG INJECTION(10 injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 4.11/injectionRs. 41.10pay 4% more per injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for ZOCIN(IND)
- If you have severe liver or kidney problems.
- If you have diseased adrenal glands such as addison’s disease.
- If you have inflammatory or obstructive bowel disease.
- If you have an enlarged prostate gland and have difficulty urinating and are male.
- If you have an underactive thyroid gland.
- If you recently had a heart attack.
- If you have suffered from drug abuse or dependence.
- if you have intolerance to some sugars.
- If you are taking or have recently taken any prescription or other OTC medicines, especially: monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs, e.g. moclobemide), phenothiazines (eg chlorpromazine), doxapram, ethyl alcohol.
Frequently asked questions for ZOCIN(IND)
Q.Is pentazocine a narcotic/ an opiate/ a controlled substance?
Pentazocine is a narcotic opioid analgesic. It is a controlled substance
Q.Is pentazocine naloxone an opiate/ a narcotic?
Pentazocine naloxone contains 2 medications, pentazocine and naloxone. Pentazocine is a narcotic pain reliever (opiate-type). Naloxone counteracts the effect of opiate active ingredient in it and helps to prevent misuse of this product
Q.Is pentazocine like/ stronger than hydrocodone?
Pentazocine and hydrocodone belong to same category of drugs and are equally effective and safe in treatment of moderate to severe pain, Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Does pentazocine have codeine in it?
No, it doesn't contain codeine. It is a narcotic opioid analgesic
Q.How long does pentazocine stay in system?
Pentazocine is absorbed from the gastro-intestinal tract; following administration by mouth, peak plasma concentrations are reached in 1-3 hours and the half-life is reported to be 2-3 hours, but it can be detected in urine from 1-3 days.