food interaction for ZITA(GLENMARK)
alcohol interaction for ZITA(GLENMARK)
pregnancy interaction for ZITA(GLENMARK)
lactation interaction for ZITA(GLENMARK)
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZITA(GLENMARK)
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ZITA 50 MG TABLET
Patients taking ZITA 50 MG TABLET
- 56%Once A Day
- 33%Twice A Day
- 6%Twice A Week
- 6%Thrice A Day
- 1%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ZITA(GLENMARK)
- JANUVIA 50 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 38.38/tabletRs. 268.69pay 174% more per tablet
- ISTAVEL 50 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 38.43/tabletRs. 269pay 175% more per tablet
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for ZITA(GLENMARK)
- Do not start or continue the sitagliptin tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to sitagliptin or any of the other ingredients of sitagliptin.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects: stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite, serious allergic reactions like skin rash, fever, swelling and difficulty in breathing.
- Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic coma.
- Kidney problems or liver problems.
- Severe infection or are dehydrated.
- Heart attack or have severe circulatory problems, such as shock or breathing difficulties.
- High triglycerides level.
- Stones in gall bladder.
- Inflammation of pancreas (pancreatitis).
Frequently asked questions for ZITA(GLENMARK)
Q.Is sitagliptin/ Januvia safe?
Sitagliptin/ Januvia is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is sitagliptin/ Januvia generic?
Sitagliptin is generic drug; Januvia is a brand name of sitagliptin
Q.Is sitagliptin/ Januvia banned in India?
No. Sitagliptin is available in India
Q.Is sitagliptin better than vildagliptin?
Sitagliptin and vildagliptin belong to same class of drugs and are equally effective and safe in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Always consult your doctor for an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Is sitagliptin FDA approved?
Yes. Sitagliptin is FDA approved
Q.Is sitagliptin a statin/ insulin/ metformin?
No. Sitagliptin belongs to class of medications called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors and is a different drug than statin/insulin/metformin
Q.Is sitagliptin/Januvia a blood thinner?
Sitagliptin/Januvia is specifically used for treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus and not a blood thinner. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take Januvia with metformin/ insulin/ glipizide/ Victoza/ Lantus/ glyburide/ glimepiride/ Actos / Byetta/ Bydureon?
Sitagliptin can be taken in combination with other antidiabetic drugs, when prescribed by doctor. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use
Q.Does sitagliptin cause weight loss/ constipation/ joint pain/ itching/ hypoglycemia/ pancreatitis/ cancer/ dry mouth?
Sitagliptin may cause weight loss, constipation, itching, hypoglycemia, joint pain and pancreatitis. It does not cause cancer or dry mouth. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Does Januvia make you sleepy?
No. Januvia does not make you sleepy. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.