Drug interaction for ZITA(GLENMARK)
Take it with food.
Taking Sitagliptin with alcohol may affect blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes.
Probably safe during pregnancy. Consult your doctor.
Unknown. Consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZITA(GLENMARK)Sitagliptin(100 mg)
Zita 100 mg tablet is used to control blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How it works
Zita 100 mg tablet belongs to class of medications called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors.This medicine helps to improve the levels of insulin after a meal and decreases the amount of sugar made by the body. It works by increasing the amounts of certain natural substances that lower blood sugar when it is high.
Common side effects
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Acne-like rash, Hormone imbalance, Allergic reaction, Slow growth in children and teenagers, Joint pain, Headache, Loss of appetite, Running nose, Nasal congestion, Sore throat
SUBSTITUTES for ZITA(GLENMARK)
- JANUVIA 100 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 44.95/tabletRs. 314.63pay 58% more per tablet
- ISTAVEL 100 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 45/tabletRs. 315pay 58% more per tablet
- JANUVIA 100 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 44.95/tabletRs. 674.20pay 58% more per tablet
Expert advice for ZITA(GLENMARK)
- Do not start or continue the sitagliptin tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to sitagliptin or any of the other ingredients of sitagliptin.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects: stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite, serious allergic reactions like skin rash, fever, swelling and difficulty in breathing.
Doctor’s advice should be considered before taking sitagliptin tablets in case of any following conditions such as:
- Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic coma.
- Kidney problems or liver problems.
- Severe infection or are dehydrated.
- Heart attack or have severe circulatory problems, such as shock or breathing difficulties.
- High triglycerides level.
- Stones in gall bladder.
- Inflammation of pancreas (pancreatitis).
Frequently asked questions for ZITA(GLENMARK)
Q. Is sitagliptin/ Januvia safe?
Sitagliptin/ Januvia is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Is sitagliptin/ Januvia generic?
Sitagliptin is generic drug; Januvia is a brand name of sitagliptin.
Q. Is sitagliptin/ Januvia banned in India?
No. Sitagliptin is available in India.
Q. Is sitagliptin better than vildagliptin?
Sitagliptin and vildagliptin belong to same class of drugs and are equally effective and safe in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Always consult your doctor for an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
Q. Is sitagliptin FDA approved?
Yes. Sitagliptin is FDA approved.
Q. Is sitagliptin a statin/ insulin/ metformin?
No. Sitagliptin belongs to class of medications called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors and is a different drug than statin/insulin/metformin.
Q. Is sitagliptin/Januvia a blood thinner?
Sitagliptin/Januvia is specifically used for treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus and not a blood thinner. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Can I take Januvia with metformin/ insulin/ glipizide/ Victoza/ Lantus/ glyburide/ glimepiride/ Actos / Byetta/ Bydureon?
Sitagliptin can be taken in combination with other antidiabetic drugs, when prescribed by doctor. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Does sitagliptin cause weight loss/ constipation/ joint pain/ itching/ hypoglycemia/ pancreatitis/ cancer/ dry mouth?
Sitagliptin may cause weight loss, constipation, itching, hypoglycemia, joint pain and pancreatitis. It does not cause cancer or dry mouth. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.
Q. Does Januvia make you sleepy?
No. Januvia does not make you sleepy. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.