Medicine Overview of ZIPRA CAPSULE
Side effects of ZIPRA CAPSULE
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Abnormal vision, Dystonia, Akathisia, Weakness, Parkinsonism, Dizziness, Respiratory tract infection.
How to use ZIPRA CAPSULE
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Zipra 40mg capsule with food.
How ZIPRA CAPSULE works
Zipra 40mg capsule works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on ZIPRA CAPSULE
Expert advice for ZIPRA CAPSULE
- Before taking Ziprasidone tell your doctor, if you have/had heart disease such as heart failure, heart attack, long QT syndrome (irregular heartbeat) or taking medicines that can cause irregular heartbeat.
- You may experience hyperglycemia (increases in your blood sugar resulting in extreme thirst, frequent urination, extreme hunger, blurred vision, or weakness) while you are taking this medication, even if you do not already have diabetes.
- Ziprasidone may cause drowsiness/dizziness. Do not drive or operate machinery or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Ziprasidone treatment, as it may worsen the side effects.
- NMS (Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome) is a possibly fatal syndrome that can be caused by Ziprasidone. Symptoms may include fever, stiff muscles, confusion, abnormal thinking, fast or irregular heartbeat and sweating. Contact your doctor at once if you have any of these symptoms.
- If you are an elderly taking Ziprasidone, you may develop muscle movements in your arms, legs or your tongue, face, mouth, or jaw (e.g., tongue sticking out), that you cannot control. Tell your doctor at once if you have such problems. Ziprasidone may lower the ability of your body to fight infection. Avoid contact with people who have colds or infections.
- You may undergo lab tests, including electrolyte levels, complete blood cell counts (CBC), or fasting blood sugar levels, to monitor your condition, while you use Ziprasidone.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for ZIPRA 40MG CAPSULE
Zipra 40mg capsule may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zipra 40mg capsule may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
ONABET POWDER, FLUGEE 150MG TABLET, TRAMAZAC HP 50MG INJECTION, BENADRYL DR DRY COUGH ACTIVE RELIEF SYRUP
Frequently asked questions for ZIPRA 40MG CAPSULE
Frequently asked questions for Ziprasidone
Q. Is Ziprasidone a narcotic/ Benzo/Ssri/ controlled substance/ opiate?
Ziprasidone is not a narcotic or Benzodiazepam or Ssri or controlled substance or opiate
Q. Is Ziprasidone addictive?
Ziprasidone is non addictive
Q. Can I take Ziprasidone with Xanax/ Tylenol / ibuprofen/ Benadryl/ Nyquil/ melatonin/ trazodone?
Ziprasidone may interact with these medications. Kindly follow doctors instructions
Q. Does Ziprasidone cause weight gain/ constipation/get you high/ help you sleep/make you tired/?
Ziprasidone may cause these side effects. Call your doctor if you experience any unusual problems during your treatment with Ziprasidone.