food interaction for ZIPRA
alcohol interaction for ZIPRA
pregnancy interaction for ZIPRA
lactation interaction for ZIPRA
medicine interaction for ZIPRA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ZIPRA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ZIPRA
- ZIPSYDON 40 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 11.70/capsuleRs. 117pay 80% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR ZIPRA
- Before taking Ziprasidone tell your doctor, if you have/had heart disease such as heart failure, heart attack, long QT syndrome (irregular heartbeat) or taking medicines that can cause irregular heartbeat.
- You may experience hyperglycemia (increases in your blood sugar resulting in extreme thirst, frequent urination, extreme hunger, blurred vision, or weakness) while you are taking this medication, even if you do not already have diabetes.
- Ziprasidone may cause drowsiness/dizziness. Do not drive or operate machinery or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Ziprasidone treatment, as it may worsen the side effects.
- NMS (Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome) is a possibly fatal syndrome that can be caused by Ziprasidone. Symptoms may include fever, stiff muscles, confusion, abnormal thinking, fast or irregular heartbeat and sweating. Contact your doctor at once if you have any of these symptoms.
- If you are an elderly taking Ziprasidone, you may develop muscle movements in your arms, legs or your tongue, face, mouth, or jaw (e.g., tongue sticking out), that you cannot control. Tell your doctor at once if you have such problems. Ziprasidone may lower the ability of your body to fight infection. Avoid contact with people who have colds or infections.
- You may undergo lab tests, including electrolyte levels, complete blood cell counts (CBC), or fasting blood sugar levels, to monitor your condition, while you use Ziprasidone.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ZIPRA
Q. Is Ziprasidone a narcotic/ Benzo/Ssri/ controlled substance/ opiate?
Ziprasidone is not a narcotic or Benzodiazepam or Ssri or controlled substance or opiate
Q. Is Ziprasidone addictive?
Ziprasidone is non addictive
Q. Can I take Ziprasidone with Xanax/ Tylenol / ibuprofen/ Benadryl/ Nyquil/ melatonin/ trazodone?
Ziprasidone may interact with these medications. Kindly follow doctors instructions
Q. Does Ziprasidone cause weight gain/ constipation/get you high/ help you sleep/make you tired/?
Ziprasidone may cause these side effects. Call your doctor if you experience any unusual problems during your treatment with Ziprasidone.