food interaction for ZILEE AX
alcohol interaction for ZILEE AX
pregnancy interaction for ZILEE AX
lactation interaction for ZILEE AX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZILEE AX
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZILEE AX
- L CIN A TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 11.80/tabletRs. 59pay 20% more per tablet
- LIVBEST AM 500 MG/75 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 12.20/tabletRs. 61pay 24% more per tablet
- LEVOFF AX 500MG/75MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 5/tabletRs. 49.95save 49% more per tablet
- LEVOFF AX 500MG/75MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 9.99/tabletRs. 49.95pay 2% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for ZILEE AX
- Keep out of direct sunlight while taking this medicine to prevent your skin from burning, tingling or severely blistering.
- Take plenty of fluids.
- If you are already taking iron tablets, antacids or sucralfate, take levofloxacin dose at least 2 hours before or after.
- Do not drive, operate dangerous machinery or have similar activities if you feel that your ability to concentrate and react is impaired after taking levofloxacin.
- Do not give levofloxacin to your children or growing teenagers, it can harm the cartilage of their growing bones.
- Do not use levofloxacin eye drop to treat any problem in eye that has not been checked by your doctor.
- consult your doctor before taking this drug, If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for ZILEE AX
Q.Does levofloxacin/ L-cin 500/ Levomac/ Levoday/ Levobact contain penicillin or sulpha?
No, levofloxacin belong to a different group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It does not contain penicillin or sulpha
Q.Is levofloxacin gluten free?
Yes, levofloxacin sold as generic is gluten free
Q.Is levofloxacin the same as ciprofloxacin?
They belong to same class of antibiotics, but are different drugs
Q.Is levofloxacin a narcotic?
No. Levofloxacin is not a narcotic drug
Q.Can I take levofloxacin for sore throat, tonsil and strep throat?
Yes. Levofloxacin can be used to treat sore throat, tonsillitis and strep throat infections. Please consult your doctor before taking drug
Q.Can I take levofloxacin with Tylenol/ Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Nexium/ Claritin?
Yes. You can take levofloxacin with Tylenol/ Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Nexium/ Claritin. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does levofloxacin cover Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?
No. Levofloxacin is not effective against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Q.Does levofloxacin affect birth control?
No. Levofloxacin does not affect birth control pills. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.
Q.Is ambroxol an antibiotic/steroid?
No. Ambroxol belongs to a class of drugs called expectorants (aid expulsion of mucus as cough) or mucolytic (liquefy and loosen mucus). It has no know effect against infections. It does not have chemical structure or effects similar to steroids
Q.Is ambroxol good for dry cough?
No. Ambroxol is more effective in the treatment of productive cough associated with thickened mucus and poor mucus clearance
Q.Is ambroxol a prescription drug?
Cough syrups containing ambroxol and other active drugs commonly used for cough and cold may be available as over the counter (OTC) without prescription
Q.Is ambroxol/mucolite safe for infants?
Mucolite is a trade name for active drug ambroxol. Ambroxol may be used in children below 2 years of age only when prescribed by a doctor. It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your child’s or infant’s doctor
Q.Is ambrodil a cough syrup?
Ambrodil is a trade name for active drug ambroxol. It is available as cough syrup and is effective in the treatment of productive cough associated with thickened mucus and poor mucus clearance
Q.Ambroxol/ambrodil syrup/ambrolite syrup/mucolite/mucolite drops used for?
Ambrodil, ambrolite, mucolite are trade names for active drug ambroxol and are available as drops or syrup. Ambroxol belongs to a class of drugs called expectorants or mucolytics and is effective in liquefying and loosening thick mucus that can be coughed out easily. It is effective in treatment of productive cough associated with diseases of the respiratory tract such as long-term inflammation of air passages (chronic bronchitis), inflammation of air passages associated with asthma (asthmatic bronchitis), bronchial asthma, recurrent inflammation or infection of the airways (Bronchiectasis), infection of lungs (pneumonia), infections of middle ear (otitis media), inflammation of air cavities (sinuses) around nose (sinusitis), sore throat (nasopharyngitis)
Q.What is ambrodil S?
Ambrodil S is a trade name for a combination of active drugs ambroxol and salbutamol and guaifenesin
Q.What are mucolite tablets/drops and Is mucolite syrup for cough?
Yes. Mucolite is a trade name for active drug ambroxol and is available as cough syrup/ tablets and drops. It is effective in treatment of productive cough associated with diseases of the respiratory tract such as long-term inflammation of air passages (chronic bronchitis), inflammation of air passages associated with asthma (asthmatic bronchitis), bronchial asthma, recurrent inflammation or infection of the airways (Bronchiectasis), infection of lungs (pneumonia), infections of middle ear (otitis media), inflammation of air cavities (sinuses) around nose (sinusitis), sore throat (nasopharyngitis)
Q.Does Ambroxol make you sleepy/ you high?
Ambroxol is not known to make you sleepy or high.