food interaction for ZIFI O
alcohol interaction for ZIFI O
pregnancy interaction for ZIFI O
lactation interaction for ZIFI O
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ZIFI O
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ZIFI O
- CEFOLAC-O 100MG/100MG TABLET DT(10 tablet dt in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 8.47/tablet dtRs. 84.70pay 13% more per tablet dt
- MILIXIM O 100 MG/100 MG TABLET DT(10 tablet dt in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.55/tablet dtRs. 65.50save 13% more per tablet dt
- ZIMNIC O 100MG/100MG TABLET DT(10 tablet dt in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 7.15/tablet dtRs. 71.50save 5% more per tablet dt
- ZOFIX O 100 MG/100 MG TABLET DT(10 tablet dt in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.55/tablet dtRs. 75.55pay 1% more per tablet dt
- TRAXOF 100MG/100MG TABLET DT(10 tablet dt in strip)Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 6.39/tablet dtRs. 63.94save 15% more per tablet dt
Expert advice FOR ZIFI O
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions FOR ZIFI O
Q. What is cefexime and what is it used for?
Cefexime (also available as Topcef/ Taxem/ Mahacef/ Zifi/ Suprax) is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for a variety of infections of the throat, chest and urinary tract and infections like typhoid or gonorrhea
Q. Is cefixime same as penicillin?
It is not penicillin
Q. Does it contain sulfur?
It does not contain sulfur
Q. Does cefexime affect birth control?
There is no evidence of cefexime affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.
Q. What is Zenflox OZ/ Zenflox Plus/ Zenflox tablet/ Oflomac/ Oflomac 200/ Zanocin OZ/ Zanocin/ Zanocin OD 400 used for?
Ofloxacin (also available as Zenflox OZ/ Zenflox Plus/ Zenflox tablet/ Oflomac/ Oflomac 200/ Zanocin OZ/ Zanocin/ Zanocin OD 400) and are used to treat bacterial infections including upper and lower urinary tract infections, lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections and sexually transmitted infections (of urethra and cervix). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is ofloxacin/ Zenflox/ Zanocin OZ an antibiotic?
Yes. It belongs to the group of medicines called fluoroquinolone antibiotics
Q. Is ofloxacin penicillin based/ Steroid/ fluoroquinolone/sulfa?
No. Ofloxacin is fluoroquinolone antibiotic. It is not a steroid and does not contain sulfa. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen with ofloxacin?
There is no known interaction and it is safe to take these drugs with ofloxacin. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Does Ofloxacin treat pink eye/chlamydia/ear infections?
Ofloxacin is used to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis), ear infection and infection due to chlamydia
Q. Does ofloxacin affect birth control?
It does not affect birth control
Q. Is ofloxacin safe for dogs/ cats?
Yes it is safe to be used in pets.However, the dose vary. You need to consult a veterinary doctor
Q. Is ofloxacin the same as Ciprodex?
No. Ofloxacin and Ciprodex are different drugs as Ciprodex contain ciprofloxacin.