food interaction for ZEXTRA
alcohol interaction for ZEXTRA
pregnancy interaction for ZEXTRA
lactation interaction for ZEXTRA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZEXTRA
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ZEXTRA 200 MG CAPSULE
Patients taking ZEXTRA 200 MG CAPSULE
- 55%Twice A Day
- 32%Thrice A Day
- 14%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ZEXTRANo substitutes found
- Dr. Ashok KumarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Sri Ram GargMBBS
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Naval MendirattaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Divya AgarwalMBBS, MD, DNB
Expert advice for ZEXTRA
- Consult your doctor for advice if you have or had kidney/liver disease, diabetes, stomach or bowel problems (bleeding, perforation, ulcers); history of swelling or fluid buildup, difficulty in breathing (asthma), growths in the nose (nasal polyps), or mouth inflammation, high blood pressure, blood disorders, bleeding or clotting problems, heart problems, blood vessel disease, dehydration or low fluid volume or low blood sodium levels.
- Tolmetin can cause dizziness or drowsiness. Do not drive or operate any machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination, until you feel fine.
- Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness while you are using tolmetin as it may have an additive effect.
- You may need to undergo certain lab tests (kidney function, complete blood cell counts, and blood pressure) to monitor your condition or check for side effects.
- If tolmetin use results in upset stomach, you may need to take it with an antacid.
- Continue taking tolmetin as directed as it may take several weeks or longer for you to feel the full benefit of the medication.
Frequently asked questions for ZEXTRA
Q.What is tolmetin sodium?
Tolmetin sodium is a drug belonging to the class non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It acts by stopping the production of chemicals (prostaglandin, histamine, etc.) that cause pain, redness and swelling of joints
Q.What is tolmetin sodium is used for?
Tolmetin is used to relieve pain, tenderness, swelling, and stiffness caused by osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
Q.Is tolmetin a narcotic drug?
No, patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.