Drug interaction for ZEROTUSS
Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZEROTUSSLevocloperastine(20 mg)
Zerotuss 20 mg suspension is used in adults for the treatment of non-productive cough.
How it works
Zerotuss 20 mg suspension belongs to a class of medications called antitussive agents. It acts on the central nervous system and lungs and supresses cough by reducing the cough reflex.
Common side effects
Nausea, Palpitations, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Fainting, Fatigue, Headache, Hydrodipsomania (periodic episodes of uncontrollable thirst), Loss of appetite, Sleepiness
SUBSTITUTES for ZEROTUSS
- ULTITUSS 20 MG SUSPENSION(100 ML suspension in bottle)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 0.87/ML of suspensionRs. 87pay 20% more per ML of suspension
- PHENSEDYL LR SUSPENSION(100 ML suspension in bottle)Abbott India LtdRs. 0.80/ML of suspensionRs. 80pay 10% more per ML of suspension
- TUSCURE 20MG SUSPENSION(60 ML suspension in bottle)Akumentis Healthcare LtdRs. 0.78/ML of suspensionRs. 46.66pay 7% more per ML of suspension
Expert advice for ZEROTUSS
- Do not drive or operate machinery as levocloperastine may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to levocloperastine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not consume this drug if you have excessive discharge of mucus, severe liver impairment.
- Patients with hypertension, cardiovascular disease, uncontrolled diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism, seizures should not consume this drug
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.