food interaction for ZEGERD
alcohol interaction for ZEGERD
pregnancy interaction for ZEGERD
lactation interaction for ZEGERD
medicine interaction for ZEGERD
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ZEGERD
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ZEGERD
- OMCAR 40MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Targof Pure Drugs TdRs. 8.65/capsuleRs. 86.52pay 4% more per capsule
- PROMISEC 40 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 2.98/capsuleRs. 29.75save 64% more per capsule
- ZOLCER 40MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Veritaz Healthcare LtdRs. 5/capsuleRs. 50save 40% more per capsule
- ZEGECID 40MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 8.29/capsuleRs. 82.86same price
Expert advice FOR ZEGERD
- Take Omeprazole immediately before a meal, preferably in the morning.
- Take Omeprazole for the entire duration of the treatment, even if you begin to feel better.
- Get a blood test done to know the magnesium level in your body once a year; you may need a magnesium supplement while using the Omeprazole,as a long-term treatment.
- Long-term use of the Omeprazole can cause weak or broken bones.
- Avoid using clopidogrel (blood thinner) with Omeprazole.
Frequently asked questions FOR ZEGERD
Q. Is omeprazole the same as Prilosec/Omez/Omezol or Ocid?
Yes. These are the brand names for omeprazole
Q. What is omez?
Omez contains omeprazole. It is a proton pump inhibitor which suppresses acid production in stomach. It is not antacid which reacts and neutralizes acid. It is not an antibiotic as it does not kill bacteria
Q. Is omeprazole gluten free?
Yes. Omeprazole is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Is omeprazole available over the counter?
Omeprazole although available over the counter, it should be taken only on doctor’s advice
Q. Can I take omeprazole for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), or nausea?
Omeprazole can be used for nausea or other gastric acidity related problems. Please consult your doctor for your medical condition and before taking the drug
Q. Can I take omeprazole forever?
No. Long term use of omeprazole increases the risk of wrists, hips, or spine fracture
Q. Can I take omeprazole with ranitidine, paracetamol, doxycycline, or metronidazole?
Yes. You can take omeprazole with ranitidine, paracetamol, doxycycline, or metronidazole
Q. Can I take omeprazole with Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium), or Tums (calcium supplements)?
Yes. You can take omeprazole with Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium), or Tums (calcium supplements)
Q. Does omeprazole cause weight gain?
Omeprazole may cause weight gain. Please consult your doctor if you are experiencing the same.