SALT INFORMATIONAzithromycin(500 mg)
Azithromycin is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat, lungs, bronchitis, ear, skin, soft tissues, and sexually transmitted genital and urinary infections.
How it works
Azithromycin inhibits growth of bacteria by stopping its protein synthesis.
Common side effects
Pain in the stomach and intestine, Nausea and vomiting, Diarrhea, Headache
- AZIMAX 500MG TABLET(3 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 23.73/TabletRs. 71.19pay 3% more per Tablet
- AZIBACT 500MG TABLET(3 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 23.81/TabletRs. 71.43pay 3% more per Tablet
- ZADY 500MG TABLET(3 Tablet in Strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 21.81/TabletRs. 65.42save 5% more per Tablet
- LAZ 500MG TABLET(3 Tablet in Strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 18.33/TabletRs. 55save 20% more per Tablet
- ZITHROCIN 500MG TABLET(3 Tablet in Strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 22.17/TabletRs. 66.51save 4% more per Tablet
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest.
Q. Is azithromycin safe in pregnancy and breast feeding?
There is insufficient information available about the use of azithromycin during pregnancy. Therefore do not use azithromycin during pregnancy, unless explicitly advised by your doctor.
Q. Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class.
Q. Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.