food interaction for ZAART H
alcohol interaction for ZAART H
pregnancy interaction for ZAART H
lactation interaction for ZAART H
Taking Hydrochlorothiazide with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZAART H
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ZAART H 50 MG/12.5 MG TABLET
Patients taking ZAART H 50 MG/12.5 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ZAART H
- LOSAR H TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 8.75/tabletRs. 131.25pay 2% more per tablet
- REPACE H 50 MG/12.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.50/tabletRs. 95pay 10% more per tablet
- LOSACAR H TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 11.76/tabletRs. 117.60pay 37% more per tablet
- COVANCE D 50 MG/12.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.50/tabletRs. 95pay 10% more per tablet
- LOSAKIND H TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 4.79/tabletRs. 47.91save 44% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for ZAART H
- Losartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Losartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Losartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Losartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
Frequently asked questions for ZAART H
Q.Is losartan a blood thinner?
No, losartan is from a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of certain natural substances that tighten the blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently
Q.Is losartan safe?
Losartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is losartan the same as losartan potassium?
Yes. Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use
Q.Is losartan generic?
Yes, it is the generic drug
Q.Is losartan a water pill?
No, it belongs to a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists
Q.Is losartan gluten free?
Yes. losartan is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Does losartan contain potassium?
Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use
Q.Can I take losartan with Benadryl/atenolol/Xanax/Viagra/Nyquil/metoprolol?
Atenolol, metoprolol and Xanax may lower blood pressure when taken along with losartan. No clinically observed drug interaction is observed with Viagra, Nyquil, and alcohol. Please follow doctor’s advice regarding its use
Q.Does losartan cause constipation/infrequent urination/ drowsiness/ headache/ itching/ cough/ lower heart rate?
Losartan causes headache, drowsiness. Constipation, infrequent urination, itching, cough and low heart rate are not reported. Patient should fallow doctor’s advice regarding the possible side effects.
Q.Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic,which increases the excretion of urine?
Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is hydrochlorothiazide a statin/ opiate?
No.It is the derivative of chlorothiazide
Q.Is hydrochlorothiazide bad for your kidneys?
No.Hydrochlorthiazide is a safe drug at prescribed dose by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have kidney disease and follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take hydrochlorothiazide with lisinopril/ ibuprofen/ synthroid/ aspirin/ potassium/ phentermine/ losartan/ naproxen/ magnesium/ vitamins?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of hydrochlorothiazide. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide cause diabetes/ erectile dysfunction/ weight loss/ gout/ constipation/tinnitus/ potassium loss?
Hydrochlorothiazide causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide have sulfa in it?
Yes.Hydrochlorothiazide has sulfa and it is chemically known as 6-chloro- 3, 4-dihydro-2 H-1, 2, 4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1, 1-dioxide
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide clean your system?
No.Hydrochlorothiazide reduces extra fluid in the body.