food interaction for XYLOLINE
alcohol interaction for XYLOLINE
pregnancy interaction for XYLOLINE
lactation interaction for XYLOLINE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for XYLOLINE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for XYLOLINE
- OTRIVIN S 0.1% NASAL SPRAY(10 ML nasal spray in packet)Novartis India LtdRs. 3.70/ML of nasal sprayRs. 37save 20% more per ML of nasal spray
- OTRIVIN ADULT MENTHOL 0.1 % NASAL SPRAY(10 ML nasal spray in packet)Novartis India LtdRs. 6.30/ML of nasal sprayRs. 63pay 36% more per ML of nasal spray
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for XYLOLINE
- Do not take more than 3 doses of xylometazoline in 24 hours or do not take a double dose if you miss any dose.
- Do not use it continuously for more than 7 days in case of nasal sprays and 5 days in case of nasal drops. Longer use could cause damage to the nasal tissue and lead to chronic congestion.
- Do not use nasal sprays in children under the age of 12 years and nasal drops under the age of 6 years.
- Do not take xylometazoline if you are allergic to xylometazoline or any other ingredients.
- Do not take xylometazoline if you recently had surgery.
- Avoid using xylometazoline if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: high blood pressure or heart disease; diabetes; an overactive thyroid gland; rare cancer of the adrenal gland; closed angle glaucoma or increase pressure in the eye; inflammation of the skin and/or mucosa of the nasal vestibule.
Frequently asked questions for XYLOLINE
Q.What is xylometazoline hydrochloride/ what is xylometazoline hydrochloride used for/ is xylometazoline a steroid/ an antihistamine?
Xylometazoline is a topical decongestant and is used to for relief of the blocked; congested nose and sinuses caused by colds and allergies such as hay fever. It is neither a steroid nor an antihistamine
Q.How does xylometazoline/xylometazoline hydrochloride work?
Xylometazoline relieves nasal and sinus congestion by constricting (shrinking) blood vessels (veins and arteries) in the nose
Q.Is xylometazoline hydrochloride addictive/ is xylometazoline addiction?
Prolonged use of xylometazoline may lead to its addiction in some.