food interaction for XYLISTIN
alcohol interaction for XYLISTIN
pregnancy interaction for XYLISTIN
lactation interaction for XYLISTIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR XYLISTIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR XYLISTIN
- MYXITIN 2MIU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)La Renon Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 1416.18/injectionRs. 1416.18pay 660% more per injection
- REMERGIN 2MIU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Astra ZenecaRs. 1570/injectionRs. 1570pay 743% more per injection
- WOCKSTIN 2 MIU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 1390.70/injectionRs. 1390.70pay 646% more per injection
- HOPSTIN FORTE 2MIU INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Micro Labs LtdRs. 471.38/ML of injectionRs. 942.77pay 153% more per ML of injection
- PMX 2MIU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1380.95/injectionRs. 1380.95pay 641% more per injection
Expert advice FOR XYLISTIN
- You may be regularly monitored for serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen while on colstin treatment.
- Use with caution if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects kidney) or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR XYLISTIN
Q. Is colistin an antibiotic / a bactericidal?
Yes colistin is an antibiotic with bactericidal action
Q. Is colistin broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, colistin belongs to a class of drugs called polymyxin antibiotic
Q. Does colistin cover pseudomonas?
Yes, colistin is effective against pseudomonas.