food interaction for XOFEX XL
alcohol interaction for XOFEX XL
pregnancy interaction for XOFEX XL
lactation interaction for XOFEX XL
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR XOFEX XL
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR XOFEX XL
- ZEDOCEF CV 50 MG/31.25 MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 2.57/ML of syrupRs. 77pay 24% more per ML of syrup
- KEFMAX CV 50MG/31.25MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt LtdRs. 2.63/ML of syrupRs. 79pay 27% more per ML of syrup
- CEFTAMYCIN DRY 50MG/31.25MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Venus Remedies LtdRs. 2.32/ML of syrupRs. 69.66pay 12% more per ML of syrup
- AUGPOD 50 MG/31.25 MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Elder Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.90/ML of syrupRs. 57.13save 8% more per ML of syrup
- REOPOD 50MG SYRUP(30 ML syrup in bottle)Wilburt Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 2.37/ML of syrupRs. 71pay 15% more per ML of syrup
Expert advice FOR XOFEX XL
- If you are allergic to cefpodoxime or any other cephalosporin antibiotic such as cefadroxil, cephalexin, penicillin, or any other drugs.
- If you have diarrhea, inflammation of large intestine (colon) colitis, or stomach problems, blood clotting problem.
- If you have or had kidney or liver disease.
- If you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking cefpodoxime.
- If you have taken cefpodoxime repeatedly or for longer duration.
Frequently asked questions FOR XOFEX XL
Q. Is cefpodoxime a sulfa drug/steroid/penicillin?
No, cefpodoxime belongs to class of medication called as cephalosporin antibiotics
Q. Is Cefpodoxime/ cefodem xp 325/ cefodem 200/ monocef-o/ kefpod safe?
Cefpodoxime (also available as cefodem xp 325/cefodem 200/ monocef-o/kefpod) is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. What are cefpodoxime/ cefodem xp 325/ cefodem 200/ monocef-o/ kefpod/ gudcef 200/ gudcef?
Cefpodoxime belongs to class of medication called as cephalosporin antibiotics. It is used for the treatment of infections caused by bacteria
Q. Is cefpodoxime a sulfa drug/ penicillin/ steroid/ an antibiotic?
Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic belong to class of medication called as cephalosporin. It is not a steroid and does not contain penicillin or sulpha.
Q. Is antibiotic + clavulanic acid combination effective against STD, MRSA, or pseudomonas infections?
It is effective against sexually transmitted diseases (STD) caused by bacteria and pseudomonas infections, but weakly effective against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections (MRSA)
Q. Is amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) safe in G6PD deficiency?
There are no confirmed studies about the safety of amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) in G6PD deficiency. Consult your doctor before use
Q. Is amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) nephrotoxic?
If taken in appropriate dosage as prescribed by the doctor, Augmentin is not nephrotoxic
Q. Does amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) contain sulfa?
No, amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) does not contain sulfa
Q. Does amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) make you drowsy or tired?
No, amoxicillin + clavulanic acid (Augmentin) does not make you drowsy or tired if taken as prescribed
Q. Can amoxicillin + clavulanic acid be taken with Nyquil, Xanax, Vyvanse, Mucinex or Azithromycin?
There are either weak or no reported interactions with above mentioned drugs with amoxicillin + clavulanic acid. Please consult your doctor before changing any medication.