Medicine Overview of Xgrast Injection
Uses of Xgrast Injection
Side effects of Xgrast Injection
Bone pain, Weakness, Headache, Rash, Nausea, Increased lactate dehydrogenase level in blood, Vomiting, Increased uric acid level in blood, Oropharyngeal pain, Hair loss, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Decreased appetite, Cough, Breathing difficulty.
How to use Xgrast Injection
How Xgrast Injection works
In Depth Information on Xgrast Injection
Expert advice for Xgrast Injection
- Do not take filgrastim tablet, if you are allergic to filgrastim or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Do not take filgrastim, if you have osteoporosis (weak and fragile bones due to loss of calcium),suffering from any infection, cough, fever and difficulty breathing, sickle cell disease (an inherited blood disorder that affects red blood cells), left upper abdominal pain or pain at the tip of your shoulder.
- You will have to do regular blood tests whilst to count the number of neutrophils and other white blood cells. This will tell your doctor how the treatment is working and will also indicate if treatment needs to be continued.
- The needle cover of the pre-filled syringe contains dry natural rubber (a derivative of latex) which may cause an allergic reaction.
- If you are injecting yourself, inject into the tissue just under the skin. This is known as a subcutaneous injection. Your doctor will instruct you regarding the same. You can inject subcutaneously in the upper part of your thigh, or the sides of the abdomen. If someone else is injecting you, they can also use the back of your arms.
- Change the injection site every day to avoid soreness at one site.
- Filgrastim can cause fatigue and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Xgrast 300mcg Injection may cause fatigue. This may affect your driving ability.