food interaction for XEPRICH
alcohol interaction for XEPRICH
pregnancy interaction for XEPRICH
lactation interaction for XEPRICH
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for XEPRICH
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for XEPRICH
- SPECTRA 25 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 8.05/capsuleRs. 80.50pay 130% more per capsule
- DOXIN 25MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.20/capsuleRs. 52pay 49% more per capsule
- SIDOPIN 25MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Shine Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.81/capsuleRs. 38.10pay 9% more per capsule
- PSYCHOPIN 25MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)RKG PharmaRs. 2.40/capsuleRs. 24save 31% more per capsule
- WOXEPIN 25MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)RIVAN PHARMARs. 7.50/capsuleRs. 75pay 114% more per capsule
- Dr. Neha Bansal
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
Expert advice for XEPRICH
- Do not take the medicine, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine or to other tricyclic antidepressant drugs.
- Do not take doxepin, if you have serious liver problems, difficulty in urination or glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye causing visual problems).
- Do not take doxepin, if you suffer from mood disorders or mania; fits (epilepsy); or experience suicidal tendencies.
- Avoid using doxepin, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may cause drowsiness.
- Avoid alcohol intake while taking this drug as it may increase the effects of alcohol.
Frequently asked questions for XEPRICH
Q.Is doxepin a tricyclic antidepressant, SSRI/ MAO inhibitor?
Doxepin is a tricyclic antidepressant. It is not a SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) or a MAOi (monoamine oxidase inhibitor)
Q.Is doxepin a habit-forming/addictive or narcotic drug?
No. Doxepin is not a habit-forming/addictive or narcotic drug. It might however cause certain withdrawal effects when the treatment is stopped abruptly. Hence, it is advisable to consult your doctor before stopping the treatment
Q.Is doxepin a sedative or sleeping pill?
No. Doxepin is not a sedative or sleeping pill. However it might cause sleepiness as a side-effect
Q.Is doxepin safe?
Yes. Doxepin is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Can I take doxepin with hydroxyzine, Ambien, Zoloft, Percocet, Wellbutrin, NyQuil, Atarax, Lunesta, and Prozac?
Doxepin should not be taken with Zoloft (sertraline), Prozac (Fluoxetine), Wellbutrin (bupropion), Lunesta (eszopiclone), NyQuil (cold and flu medication), Percocet (oxycodone, acetaminophen), Prozac (fluoxetine), Atarax (hydroxyzine) and Ambien (zolpidem)
Q.Does doxepin cause weight gain, sleepiness or hair loss?
Doxepin may cause weight gain, sleepiness or hair loss. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Does doxepin help with pain or anxiety?
Doxepin may be effective in the treatment of chronic neuropathic pain and anxiety.