food interaction for XARELTO
alcohol interaction for XARELTO
pregnancy interaction for XARELTO
lactation interaction for XARELTO
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for XARELTO
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for XARELTO 10 MG TABLET
Patients taking XARELTO 10 MG TABLET
- 93%Once A Day
- 5%Twice A Day
- 2%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES for XARELTONo substitutes found
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for XARELTO
- Do not use rivaroxaban if you are allergic to rivaroxaban or any of its ingredient.
- Do not take rivaroxaban if you have any bleeding disorder or increased risk of bleeding; or artificial heart valve, severe kidney problems, moderate to severe liver problems, or bleeding problems caused by liver disease.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: history of high blood pressure, anemia or low blood platelet levels; stroke; stomach ulcers.
- Avoid using rivaroxaban if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Take special precautions and consult your doctor if you have recently had or are scheduled to have surgeries, including dental surgery.
Frequently asked questions for XARELTO
Q.Is rivaroxaban safe/ an anticoagulant/ blood thinner/ is rivaroxaban fda approved?
Rivaroxaban belongs to a class of medications called anticoagulants (blood thinner). It is approved by FDA and it used to prevent and treat blood clots in blood vessels
Q.Is rivaroxaban better than warfarin?
Rivaroxaban and warfarin belongs to same class of medicines (anticoagulants), but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use
Q.Does rivaroxaban have an antidote/dialyzable?
Rivaroxaban does not have an antidote, and the drug cannot be flushed out of the system through dialysis. People who suffer bleeding can end up hospitalized, and the bleed may be fatal
Q.Can I take rivaroxaban with warfarin/ tramadol/ paracetamol/ aspirin?
Rivaroxaban should not be taken with the above medications. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use
Q.What painkillers can I take with rivaroxaban?
Patients taking rivaroxaban should avoid using pain killers as it increases the risk of bleeding
Q.Does rivaroxaban cause weight gain/ hair loss/ diarrhea?
Rivaroxaban is not known to cause weight gain or hair loss, but it rarely causes diarrhea. Consult your doctor, if you experience such side effects.